Imagine you’re a dolphin being lifted out of the water in a sling.
That’s how I feel when being transferred using a “patient lifting device”
Introducing an extremely innovative lifting solution that doesn’t use slings and gives the dolphin oopsâ€¦ I mean the person the option to independently operate it using a remote control.
Now we are talking independenceâ€¦â€¦.. It’s called the ” HANDI- MOVE”
You are going to have to check out the video clip I did to fully appreciate how it works
I guess the real thing that impressed me was how versatile it is
A brief list of things it can achieve that are normally extremely time-consuming, so you don’t do them, or tasks you have to do which can be uncomfortable.
- Getting dressed, pants on & off,,,,,, easy peasyâ€¦â€¦â€¦.
- Actually sitting on a toilet, whilst also being supported, (Haven’t done that for 40 years as I use a special chair on wheels)
- Getting in & out of bath or swimming pool
- Being repositioned in a wheelchair, an important pressure sore prevention strategy.
- Getting on the ground, without it being an accident
Naturally this lifting device is not for everyone due to the fact that we all come in different shapes and sizes have different abilities.
A lot of these tasks also can be achieved independently if you have a track mounted on the roof which is not always practical or acceptable depending on the circumstances
It’s a great design feature that has been missing for a long time and it’s nice to think that we can do away with the hammock or two-piece sling for some tasks
The Australian distributor for this product is Equip4Living (site is being updated, call and they will send you a DVD)