Whilst up with the birds & walking the dogs before the heat set in this morning, I was thinking about themes and topics that I might cover this year.
This is my hit list so far
- National Disability Insurance Scheme, as it is being built
- Innovative ways to make peoples disability support funding stretch further
- Using Human Rights as a tool to get your message out there
- Accommodation Institution, are they quietly, slowly being redeveloped under a different name “Cluster Housing”
- Mobile phone applications for people with Autism and Aspergers
- Reviewing service providers that really get it when we talk about, â€œIndividualised Choiceâ€
- How we work with people who have behaviors of concern?
- The value of “Peer Support” from people with disabilities
- Relinquishment of children with disabilities
- The pros and cons of directly employing your support workers
- Facilitated Communication
- Fashionable clothing specifically designed for people who only sit
- Will direct employment of carers extinguish a volunteer passion?
Thanks all of you who continually take the time to give me feedback, I guess this is what keeps me going.
Also would like to again acknowledge Simon Kneebone and his support with the illustrations.
You are great Simon, thank you