One of Bruce Bromley’s (from Equal Access Group) favourite phrases is
This fascinating interview touches on the many aspects of what physical access to the built environment is all about.
It’s definitely not just about replacing a step with a ramp.
Here are some of the topics that we covered:
- Being aware of accessibilities in open spaces such as parks
- What does universal access mean?
- How different disability types have specific accessibility requirements
- The Changing Places project
- Evacuation from public buildings for infants & adults
- Building codes & Heritage buildings in Australia
- Liveable Housing Australia
Options to access to the podcast episode are:
YouTube with Subtitles/Closed Captions (c)
Have you switched on subtitles/closed captions (c) on YouTube?
Anchor podcast audio player